Titleist vokey wedge fitting
We at Saratoga National Golf Academy highly value the Wedge Fitting Process. Perhaps more so than any other club in the bag, a proper wedge fitting can immediately lower your scores. By having the proper bounce, grind and gapping, your ability to get the ball closer to the hole will dramatically improve. Here is a brief look at how we conduct wedge fittings. And as a Titleist Vokey Premiere Wedge Fitting location, we have access to all SM6 wedges that are available.
Step 1: Analyze Current Setup
- Analyze Current Wedges and use TrackMan to find gapping off the shortest iron in your bag.
Step 2: Bounce and Grind Profile
- Identify Bounce and Grind Profile by hitting full and partial shots at various targets.
Step 3: Distance Gapping
- Properly gap the lofts that give the player their desired distances
Step 4: Shot Control
- Use the higher lofted wedges in certain scenarios around the green (i.e. rough, bunkers, uphill/downill lies). Find the wedge that fits the players versatility.
Step 5: Specs
- Identify proper lie and length based on contact patterns and desired ball flight.
Step 6: Decorations
- Choose from 3 different finish options (Chrome, Steel Gray, Matte Black). Personalize it with stamping. Custom Grip and Shaft Options available. (May incur additional charges)
Step 7: Enjoy and Tweak if necessary
- Once the wedges arrive, play with them and enjoy the versatility that your game now has with properly fit wedges. Minor loft and lie adjustments can be made in-house.
VOKEY WEDGE FITTINGS
- Every Vokey wedge option including WedgeWorks
- Test from both turf & sand conditions
- Assessment of swing type (Slider, Neutral or Digger)
- TrackMan™ to precisely measure yardage gaps
- Extensive options to evaluate optimal transition to wedges